Lepton Maker Community / Forum / General discussion / Topics / How would I determine if I can mod this device with a FLIR Lepton 3.5v…

How would I determine if I can mod this device with a FLIR Lepton 3.5v…

Home Lepton and Windows Forums Lepton maker community General discussion How would I determine if I can mod this device with a FLIR Lepton 3.5v…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dee Dee 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Thomas
    Thomas

Participant

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ZIYOUHU-60M-Range-IR-Illuminate-Head_62544943960.html

I really like the form-factor of this particular headset. I feel like I’d probably be able to mod this with a FLIR Lepton, but how would I start determining if this were possible?

I’m sure I could build a headset from scratch, but I’m not totally sure where I’d even start with the display-to-eye components. That’s kinda why I’m looking at modding something.

Any ideas? Literally any kind of thoughts or interjections or whatever will be thoroughly researched and looked into. Thank you

Profile photo of Dee
    Dee

Participant

I also thought at some point if I could maybe create a thermal headset based on a modified Google Cardboard. So basically you would just connect a Flir One Pro and then grab the thermal image and display it in a simulated stereoscopic mode. Problem: how would you realign the thermal image and the visual one without having access to the touch screen? So I kinda scrapped the idea. One of the problems is the refresh rate and there I advise you to take that into consideration because in VR, anything under 90FPS can induce nausea.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.