Lepton Maker Community / Forum / Installation and getting started / Topics / Lepton 3.5 raw data extraction on PI 4

Lepton 3.5 raw data extraction on PI 4

Home Lepton and Windows Forums Raspberry Pi development Installation and getting started Lepton 3.5 raw data extraction on PI 4

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of xiangrui xiangrui 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

Profile photo of xiangrui
    xiangrui

Participant

Hi
    we have a Raspberry Pi 4, may I know where can we find the codes for us to get the raw data of frames. We are using it for machine learning.
    To achieve that is it necessary to have a purethermal board 2.0? Can we just do it with a Raspberry Pi and the camera?

Profile photo of Sean
    Sean

Hi Xiangrui,

It is possible to do it with just the camera however it is a bit of hack job. You’ll need to properly wire the pins on the camera to the RPi. We’d recommend you use the Lepton Breakout Board as it aids the abstraction (see the hardware page). From here you can communicate with the camera using SPI and I2C (we have guides and example code available on how to do this using the Raspberry Pi 2B).

The PureThermal board is particularly good as it can simply be connected using USB and performs further abstraction by displaying as a “USB Camera”, allowing you to avoid the SPI and I2C interfaces entirely.

Sean Lewis
    FLIR Support

xiangrui

Participant

Maybe I don’t need the raw data. Can I just capture images from the camera for every n second and save the images? Can it be done without the purethermal board? If yes, may i know if there is a python code for this action?

xiangrui

Participant

Maybe I don’t need the raw data. Can I just capture images from the camera for every n second and save the images? Can it be done without the purethermal board? If yes, may i know if there is a python code for this action?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.