Lepton Maker Community / Forum / Installation and getting started / Topics / read data in proper format: 14 bit

read data in proper format: 14 bit

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Allison Allison 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Tris
    Tris

Participant

How to ensure that we are reading the data in the correct format: 14 bits. The PureThermal1 team certainly does not provide raw data. I can not find the section explaining this. Help me!

Profile photo of Allison
    Allison

Hi Tris,

The IDD and Engineering datasheet may be helpful to you for documentation. I believe what you’re looking for is to enable raw14bit mode which can be done using the command LEP_SetVidVideoOutputFormat() with the parameter LEP_VID_VIDEO_OUTPUT_FORMAT_RAW14.

You may find you also want to disable AGC which you would do using LEP_SetAgcEnableState() if it’s enabled. Additionally, you may find you want to disable radiometry which can be done using LEP_SetRadEnableState().

However, there may be some complexities in using these parts of the lepton library with the software you’re using. If you run into issues with this please let me know so I can assist you in implementing this.

Additionally, in the documentation of the software, you’re using, there may be options to do this without having to write new components. So I would double check that to potentially save time.

Thank you,
    Allison Torchia

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.