Lepton Maker Community / Forum / Installation and getting started / Topics / Save a life! Help me get Karl's great work to use TensorFlow object detection

Save a life! Help me get Karl's great work to use TensorFlow object detection

Home Lepton and Windows Forums Raspberry Pi development Installation and getting started Save a life! Help me get Karl's great work to use TensorFlow object detection

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of NoBearSnack NoBearSnack 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Author

Profile photo of NoBearSnack
    NoBearSnack

Participant

Hello all. Has anybody used the PureThermal2 with the Rpi4 with object detection from the stream? I live in the bush off grid in Alaska (new here) and our place just got trashed by a large grizzly. Set us back a bit. So I’m trying to develop a device that uses the pi & the PT2 to detect bears. I will then have the pi activate warning sounds and lights, and if that doesn’t work, bear spray.

Karl’s excellent work (https://github.com/Kheirlb/purethermal1-uvc-capture) is my starting point and I’m trying to figure out the code. I have three main questions in my quest to alter it at this point.

1. What would be the best way to plug that stream into some TensorFlow logic to detect bears? I’ve yet to use TensorFlow or object detection, and I’ve yet to train a dataset of images of FLIR bears, so I have lots of learning to do on that front.

2. Is it possible in the IronBlack view to have the bright colors only show for temps between X and Y? I’d like to set the low and high end temps of a bear to have that be the only thing that shows up bright.

3. What would be the best way to have Karl’s code start recording any time it detected an object at the temps specified in two above, and/or when a bear object is detected?

I know it’s a lot of noob questions, so any help is appreciated. And thank you Karl very much for the time you put into that code!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.