Radiometry Data Gathering
What is Radiometry?
- Radiometry is the science of measuring light in any portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- A radiometric thermal camera measures the temperature of a surface by interpreting the intensity of an infrared signal reaching the camera.
How can Lepton help with Radiometric Data Gathering?
- A properly calibrated Lepton camera can measure the temperature of the surface it is viewing.
- The Lepton SDK can provide functionality for getting temperature.
- Further calibration can be performed to increase the accuracy of the temperature information.
Step 1:Radiometric Lepton Cameras
You will need one of the Lepton cameras that are radiometrically calibrated. Here you can view the camera's datasheets or find out where you can purchase a radiometric Lepton camera.
Check out the documentation on Radiometry.